Friday, December 3, 2010

Neem Oil and Reiki -- The Miracle Healers

Neem is a tropical Indian tree that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. Modern science has also recognized the therapeutic properties of neem, which can now be found in a wide array of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and medicinals.   I use it all the time, but recently I got to experience just how quickly it brings down inflammation and heals tissue. 

This week, I had a horrible accident.   My left middle finger was nearly cut off in the mechanical contraptions of a garage door.   It happened so quickly and was so excrutiatingly painful, I am blocking the full details of how it happened -- so I will spare you.   Suffice to say, the injury was bad enough I started going into a mild shock (white face, purple lips, shaking, etc.).  Anyway, that was two days ago.   My middle finger was completely flattened at the tip and slightly lacerated.  

I immediately started doing self-Reiki on my finger.  It was hard to concentrate at first, but from years of practice with mediation and breathing, I was able to direct the Reiki energy.  Within seconds, my finger was feeling better.  Not without pain, but somewhat bearable pain (as opposed to the blood-curdling screaming from the initial incident). 

My finger after two days.  Hurts a little,
 but bruising and swelling are way down!
Next, I grabbed the Neem oil I had in the house.  We use this miracle tree oil for all kinds of things like treating acne breakouts, any kind of fungus, and cuts.   I applied straight Neem oil to my damaged finger, and like most anti-bacterial agents, at first it stung slightly and then it cooled.   I knew it was working!  After just two days, my finger looks almost normal.   It went from flattened and black/red to slightly swollen, but looking much, much healthier.  Hold on while I apply more Neem, and I'll tell you more...

Neem is best when used with sesame seed carrier oil.   They work synegistcically to penetrate skin.  And you will often find it fused with Aloe.   Straight Neem oil is highly potent and can be used directly on the skin, even the face... BUT I will warn you, the smell takes a little getting used to. 

If there are two oils I swear by; it's Neem and Mustard (watch this blog for more on Mustard oil and amazing skin).  

Neem has been used as natural medicine in Southeast Asia for for the following:  inflammation; fungus, acne, athlete's foot, insect repellant, contraceptive, dandruff, ulcers, and more.   I discovered it while living in Nepal, and now it is a "must have" in my ayurvedic first-aid kit, and in my skin care rituals.

We will have Neem and other Ayurvedic products available at Herbana Spa in 2011.  Visit us at Herbanaspa.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment